Here is a list of 5 essential oils to boost focus and concentration.? Now that 2021 has officially kicked off, it?s time to make good on all those New Years promises we made to ourselves.
And if you?re anything like me, having a little extra support can make the difference when powering through.?
Enter essential oils.
Aroma has the remarkable capacity to shift our mindset and that?s why incorporating essential oils into our everyday wellness routine can be one of the most powerful ways to help us move forward with more clarity and determination.
Essential Oils for Focus and Concentration
- Lavender (Lavandula angustifolia) – Steam distilled from the flowering tops. Lavender essential oil is anti-inflammatory, sedative to central nervous system, soothes anxiety, and quiets overactive and distracting thoughts.
- Grapefruit (Citrus paradissi) – Cold expressed from the peel of the grapefruit, this essential oil exhibits antibacterial, antiseptic, mood lifting and energizing properties. It’s cleansing, disperses stagnancy and supports “flow.”
- Scots Pine (Pinus sylvestris) – This essential oil is steam distilled from the needles of this evergreen tree, and demonstrates a powerful affinity to our respiratory system, offering the experience of clear breathing and thinking. It’s refreshing uplifting, mood lifting and helps us concentrate.
- Peppermint (Mentha Piperita) – This essential oil is steam distilled from the leaves of the peppermint plant. It’s aroma awakens and refreshes, and demonstrates cleansing, clearing and uplifting properties. Cooling, pain relieving, and anti-inflammatory
- Rosemary (Rosmarinus officinalis) chemotype 1,8 cineole. Steam distilled from the leaves of the herb plant that we also use for cooking, this essential oil has some compelling research that shows its powerful affect on our mind and supports our memory and improves focus and concentration.
Best Ways to use Them
Diffuse Add your essential oil blend to a cool mist or nebulizing diffuser to set the mood of your workspace. Make sure the diffuser is placed in a well ventilated area, and have the diffuser on a timer, so it doesn’t run continuously.
A Personal Inhaler:? A discreet and simple way to sniff away distracting thoughts that keep you from concentrating. By saturating the interior cotton wick with your essential oil blend, you can have it with you at all times and sniff as often as needed.
An Aromatic Mist:? Made with distilled water and essential oils, this is an easy and instant way to mist your workspace, to encourage clear thinking, focus and productivity.
Let?s all commit to making space for more clarity in 2021. And let?s remember to lean on a few essential oil allies as we forge a new path forward.
Want to learn more about aromatherapy and how it can transform your health and wellbeing? Click here to learn about Aromatherapy in Action, my signature aromatherapy certification course.